🌏 - Fearing US Influence, China Steps Up Engagement With Myanmar Junta, EAOs | Pakistan Defense Forum
What's new

🌏 Fearing US Influence, China Steps Up Engagement With Myanmar Junta, EAOs (2 Viewers)

Currently reading:
🌏 Fearing US Influence, China Steps Up Engagement With Myanmar Junta, EAOs (2 Viewers)

G  Southeast Asia & Oceanian Affairs

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

1710966196160.png

China’s appointment of a new special envoy to Myanmar in December last year followed the United Nations’ first resolution on Myanmar in 74 years, and the US Congress’ passage of the Burma Act. Observers say it was not a political coincidence.

The Burma Act authorizes funds and technical assistance for anti-junta forces in Myanmar, including EAOs. The US has pledged to continue to support Myanmar opposition forces inside and outside of Myanmar. The UN resolution demands an end to violence and urges the military junta to release all political prisoners, including ousted leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. China’s new special envoy Deng Xijun met seven of Myanmar’s ethnic armed organizations (EAOs) in China’s Yunnan Province in the last week of December. Then he flew to Naypyitaw and met junta chief Min Aung Hlaing. In less than a month, he visited the headquarters of the powerful EAOs including the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the United Wa State Army (UWSA) and the National Democratic Alliance Army (NDAA). His visit was different from previous ones.
The latest developments in politics, the economy and the military situation in Myanmar following the UN resolution, Congress’ passage of the Burma Act, and moves by the Chinese special envoy, are interesting. Besides the US and the West, China might also consider the steps of the Indian nationalist government, which is blindly supporting the regime to establish a foothold in Myanmar.

After both China and Russia declined to exercise their veto power and block the UN’s resolution on Myanmar, the regime came to understand that Russia will not go against China regarding important decisions on Myanmar. Since then, the regime has made moves to improve ties with China, after getting too close to Russia over the past two years. Again, the regime is saying China is Myanmar’s good neighbor.

The regime might also be considering seeking advantage in the competition between China and India. The regime replaced its foreign minister in February, appointing a former Myanmar ambassador to the US to the post. Political observers suggest the regime is planning to approach the US.

We have seen complicated diplomatic moves alongside hostilities over the past two years. The parallel National Unity Government (NUG) says it is the only government that can guarantee stability and safety for foreign investors.

We need to monitor the policies and moves of US and Western governments that directly engage the NUG and EAOs; of China, which has avoided getting too close to the NUG though it is engaging with both the regime and EAOs in northern Myanmar; and of Russia and India, which are closely cooperating with the regime.

Following his meeting with EAOs, Deng met junta chief Min Aung Hlaing on Monday in Naypyitaw, the second such meeting since the envoy’s appointment. The two vowed to cooperate in various sectors including the economy. The two discussed the role of China in border security and internal peace in Myanmar. It appears their ties have improved since the previous meeting.

The main question is whether China will turn a blind eye to the wishes of the Myanmar people in its involvement in the Myanmar issue. If it overly focuses on its rivalry with the US and ignores the wishes and popular revolt of the Myanmar people, it will face a stronger response from Myanmar people.

We must pay special attention to Deng’s shuttle trips between the junta chief and EAOs in northern Myanmar. According to credible sources from the border, Deng and seven EAOs in northern Myanmar plan to meet soon for a third time, this time collectively.

China has officially supported ASEAN’s Five-Point Consensus on Myanmar. One of the points is a visit by the ASEAN special envoy to meet all parties concerned. Neither the ASEAN envoy nor the Chinese envoy have yet been able to do this.

If Deng fails to meet all parties concerned and his moves help support the regime politically, economically and militarily, the Myanmar people, especially the armed resistance who are fighting the regime, will not accept it.

If the situation goes on like this, Deng’s move will do more harm than good for the Myanmar people, and anti-Chinese sentiment will rise again, which could result in further complications.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

I just saw news that Myanmar bombed Rohingya refugee camps along Bangladesh border
It is not the Myanmar government army bombing; it is the rebels who want to draw Bangladesh and India into conflict against China and Russia who are backing the government. A propaganda war is going on by the Western-backed rebels.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Right . Rohingyas are US/NATO proxy, and NATO member Turkey is active there via Bangladesh. Turkey has a lot of agricultural investments in the Myanmar areas which were made empty by expelling the Rohingyas. Turkey bribed Bangladesh government officials to accept millions of Rohingyas so that Turkish businesses ( + Israelis) could use that empty land.

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

Right . Rohingyas are US/NATO proxy, and NATO member Turkey is active there via Bangladesh. Turkey has a lot of agricultural investments in the Myanmar areas which were made empty by expelling the Rohingyas. Turkey bribed Bangladesh government officials to accept millions of Rohingyas so that Turkish businesses ( + Israelis) could use that empty land.
Out of those 5 million bengali in Karachi, more than half are Rohingya. I've seen it with my own eyes. That entire coastal belt from kheti bandar/ Port Qasim all the way to the 100 miles to Ibrahim Heydari Bengali parra in Korangi......its millions of Rohingya living there. They can't even speak Urdu....lol.....I've seen it.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Out of those 5 million bengali in Karachi, more than half are Rohingya. I've seen it with my own eyes. That entire coastal belt from kheti bandar/ Port Qasim all the way to the 100 miles to Ibrahim Heydari Bengali parra in Korangi......its millions of Rohingya living there. They can't even speak Urdu....lol.....I've seen it.

Rohingyas are not Bengali at all. They have their own language, which other Bengalis do not understand. Those Rohingyas in Karachi came there with BD passports ( though bribery), and Imran Khan closed his eyes while it was happening as he wanted to become too subservient to the Turkish Erdogan. Remember, Ayub Khan sahib once wrote in his book - " Friend not Master." Turkey is directly involved via Bangladesh with the Rohingyas on behalf of NATO as they are also the "Halal NATO". I really dislike these over-the-top Turkish Turkish chants among naive Pakistanis too much. Turkey has very high inflation and a current account deficit, so they need a bailout soon. Every day, they ask the GCC for cash. They always play a double role, being a NATO member and trying to be friends with NATO's enemies.

Last edited:

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

Rohingyas are not Bengali at all. They have their own language, which other Bengalis do not understand. Those Rohingyas in Karachi came there with BD passports ( though bribery), and Imran Khan closed his eyes while it was happening as he wanted to become too subservient to the Turkish Erdogan. Remember, Ayub Khan sahib once wrote in his book - " Friend not Master." Turkey is directly involved via Bangladesh with the Rohingyas on behalf of NATO as they are also the "Halal NATO". I really dislike these over-the-top Turkish Turkish chants among naive Pakistanis too much. Turkey has very high inflation and a current account deficit, so they need a bailout soon. Every day, they ask the GCC for cash. They always play a double role, being a NATO member and trying to be friends with NATO's enemies.
yaar in logon ko hamaray mulk main kiss nay aanay diya? Can you even believe da level of treason? I mean I feel cheated!

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

But you missed the one on Turkey. Turkey the new sardar of the ghareeb Muslims pressured both BD and Pakistan to accept the Rohingyas.
I know…..bewquff hae turkey…..Russia/iran nay oil n gas bund keeti aur do haftay luggnay ne turkey ko collapse honay main…..I mean literally do chapairr laanay aali gal hae gee. Egypt ka hor vi bura haal hae ga…..ye saaray badbakht bankrupt haingay…..it’s such a bad situation.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

I know…..bewquff hae turkey…..Russia/iran nay oil n gas bund keeti aur do haftay luggnay ne turkey ko collapse honay main…..I mean literally do chapairr laanay aali gal hae gee. Egypt ka hor vi bura haal hae ga…..ye saaray badbakht bankrupt haingay…..it’s such a bad situation.
Lol.. One needs a real healthy heart to survive. A pacemaker is not sustainable for long.

Users who are viewing this thread