🌏 Foreign technology/ industry transfers to India

Site is back up.

Be apart of something great, join today! We are still updating some fixes.

G  South Asian Affairs

Lulldapull

Reaction score
Origin

Residence

Axis Group

I have started this important topic here highlighting what technology has been transferred to the Indians over the last half a century by various western and eastern countries for geo-political and/ or commercial reasons. We'll start this topic off on Indian railways and will work toward aerospace and power and other manufacturing industries as the thread progresses. The idea here is to show the substantial level of foreign technology transfers to India.

Here is Alstom's contribution to Indian railways and power generation including its involvement in rolling stock and power infrastructure:

Here's a good snapshot of what Siemens is doing in India. The business model for Siemens in India is the same as its organization/ operations in the middle east or China. Its just local manufacturing with local employment and some transfer of technology. The whole ecosystem is devised by the owners team and the local coloreds get employment opportunities/ learning/ growth model.....Low cost high value business model:

Here's another good snapshot I got from Japanese nhewj sources right here guys. The whole bhullit train spiel is Japanese tech. India's paying Japanese here to build them a Shinkansen network where it might be viable from an economic pov. Here I pay $100 equivalent in Jap yen to go to Tokyo from Nagoya about 300 kms away from me (discount ticket purchased a month in advance).....one way bhai. So how many Indians can do this? Remains to be seen. Point here being dat this is all Japanese technology, but our indian influenced media goes out on a leg to showcase this as some Indian achievement no? Our ghareeb awaam don't know their ass from a hole, so they just swallow what theys readin up online with our Indian funded junk media:

A good paper on how the erstwhile USSR helped the infantile Indian space program. Keep in mind this is 1981 wes talkin here........ Back then it was a chutiya era in our country and dummies from da CIA were incharge, much like they are still incharge today like a stupid colonial possession. Indians were investing toward technology, whilst we were watchin Rambo and preparing for our chutiya nabi Osama:

Last edited:
HAL history folks. As you can see that this was truly a western/ Indian venture in business which started off in 1940! So the UK had decided to assemble aircraft in India as a business well before Indian independence came about. HAL significantly benefited from the USSR TOT as highlighted here in the article, coming onto today with substantial US TOT toward this venture:

Good set of articles which are fascinating to read, this is one of my pet subjects tracking foreign overseas assistance to the Indian tech field which I claim to know a few things on.

It is sad to see that with the recent political mood change and onset of hyper-nationalism in India, some Indians are starting to claim that almost every piece of technology in India was locally developed. Whether this was/is because of ignorance or false bravado/patriotism - I cannot fathom.

But it is what it is. One has to admit that over the last seventy years, Indians did absorb quite a bit of technology for use by their large population. Compared to China in the last two/three decades though, the record of this is rather underwhelming.

Good set of articles which are fascinating to read, this is one of my pet subjects tracking foreign overseas assistance to the Indian tech field which I claim to know a few things on.

It is sad to see that with the recent political mood change and onset of hyper-nationalism in India, some Indians are starting to claim that almost every piece of technology in India was locally developed. Whether this was/is because of ignorance or false bravado/patriotism - I cannot fathom.

But it is what it is. One has to admit that over the last seventy years, Indians did absorb quite a bit of technology for use by their large population. Compared to China in the last two/three decades though, the record of this is rather underwhelming.
Saara kuch India ko US/EU/Russia nay diya hae, and they still doing it out of commercial interest. It was also true for the Chinese until 20 years ago, and now the Chinese are actually doing R&D themselves to some extent. India is good at writing code/ programming……from what I can see as their accomplishments. Indian space program is now also beginning to morph into somewhat toward indigenization. The rest of their industries are just local assembly/ manufacturing which anybody can do like Indonesia or Malaysia or like our auto industry set up by the Japanese in Karachi 40 years ago.

Saara kuch India ko US/EU/Russia nay diya hae, and they still doing it out of commercial interest. It was also true for the Chinese until 20 years ago, and now the Chinese are actually doing R&D themselves to some extent. India is good at writing code/ programming……from what I can see as their accomplishments. Indian space program is now also beginning to morph into somewhat toward indigenization. The rest of their industries are just local assembly/ manufacturing which anybody can do like Indonesia or Malaysia or like our auto industry set up by the Japanese in Karachi 40 years ago.

One can honestly say that Chinese defense industries are far ahead of India in terms of indigenization and modernization of defence platforms in almost all sectors, whether naval, air weapons or army platforms. Only in missile tech Indians can claim some parity in some areas.

But piecemeal achievements or cobbling together defence tech solutions from disparate countries and sources has one big issue, coordination and integration. For example - there is no guarantee that Isra-heeli AESA Naval radars for their destroyers will work well when integrated with Indian Missile platforms. This example could be multiplied a hundred times over for any type of Indian defence platform deployed anywhere. The Chinese, since they make everything themselves, have the luxury of indigenously designing their own solutions for whatever platforms and are not left holding the bag when emergency supplies are needed at wartime.

One can honestly say that Chinese defense industries are far ahead of India in terms of indigenization and modernization of defence platforms in almost all sectors, whether naval, air weapons or army platforms. Only in missile tech Indians can claim some parity in some areas.

But piecemeal achievements or cobbling together defence tech solutions from disparate countries and sources has one big issue, coordination and integration. For example - there is no guarantee that Isra-heeli AESA Naval radars for their destroyers will work well when integrated with Indian Missile platforms. This example could be multiplied a hundred times over for any type of Indian defence platform deployed anywhere. The Chinese, since they make everything themselves, have the luxury of indigenously designing their own solutions for whatever platforms and are not left holding the bag when emergency supplies are needed at wartime.
Indian non defense related trade with Israel alone in technology and pet chem and agri is already near $8 billion annually. If we were to include defense exports and joint ventures with Elbit /Elta/IAI and Raphael, we’re looking at figures nearing $20 billion annually. And you know yaar it’s all mainly Israeli exports in a lopsided relationship. Recently the Israelis have invested heavily in the Indian stock market/ banking and in trading technologies. It’s a budding relationship which is about to eclipse our annual budget. It’s a warning sign for us that our leadership is asleep at the wheel and we don’t even know what is going on here:

Apple investments in India. Basically apple closed plants in China and shifted manufacturing/ assembly to India, and on the street our Indian paid troll farm interviewers say k dekhain chacha G India vich I-phone bun re ne….😝:

Here this Alstom product is marketed/ promoted as Vande Mahtrum train...... 😛.......there's sweet fukk all Indian input in this product except maybe Indian labor for assembly:

Indian UCAV program currently is like a garage level lower middle class start up in the US from the 1990's era. There is not one cutting edge military product that India has today that it can sell its own allies like the US, UK, France, Israel, Sawdi Judea or UAE. They are like a generation behind Iran in just drone technology and air defense. Assembling Su-30MKI at HAL Banglore or Nasik is not goin cut da mustard. Nobody wants Su-30MKI and nobody wants Tejas either:

Danish engineers Henning Holck-Larsen and Søren Kristian Toubro were in India to represent the interests of the Danish dairy equipment manufacturer FLSmidth when they founded L&T through an oral agreement in 1938 in Bombay. The company was legally incorporated in 1946.

Today, Larsen & Toubro Limited
, abbreviated as L&T, is an Indian multinational conglomerate, with interests in industrial technology, heavy industry, engineering, construction, manufacturing, power, information technology, military and financial services. It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.

As of 31 March 2022, the L&T Group comprises 93 subsidiaries, 5 associate companies, 27 joint ventures and 35 jointly held operations, operating across basic and heavy engineering, construction, realty, manufacturing of capital goods, information technology, and financial services.

More here,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back