🇧🇩 Music Industry

Site is back up.

Be apart of something great, join today! We are still updating some fixes.

G Bangladesh Defense Forum

Saif

Reaction score
Origin

Residence

Axis Group

'Kritrim Jogot': First Bangla AI-generated music album

1713566327322.png

Artificial intelligence (AI) technology has become a new wonder to the entire world, and a treat as well. The biggest movement in Hollywood's history has occurred to curb AI. Meanwhile, the use of AI technology to present news on national TV channels has undeniably created a sensation.

Amid such mixed reactions, the world's first Bangla musical album created using AI technology was silently produced. Aptly named "Kritrim Jogot" (Artificial World), it features eight Bangla songs sung by Izak, who does not exist in this world. Izak is a voice created through AI technology, and Kazi Ahmed, a resident of Canada, created this virtual singer and the songs.

The album was recently released on Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube Music.

Seven of the eight songs in the album were composed two decades ago with two bands named U-Turn and Alternation. Those songs have now been brought to life through the innovative power of generative artificial intelligence, informed Kazi to the media.

Kazi used the AI platform SUNO to create the vocals and instrumentation for each song in the album. In this process, the lyrics were arranged in a specific format. Then, through the AI platform LALAL, the separate tracks were assembled into a unified composition.

"Except for one surprise track, all other songs in this album have been entirely created using the SUNO AI v3 model. Every vocal, melody, and instrument was produced with the help of AI technology. I believe this process will help bring out the creativity in newcomers like me," he said.

He also shared that the album title has been inspired by the integration of AI and the real world. The main attraction of the album is the AI artiste Izak. Kazi Ahmed mentioned that the name was chosen as a tribute to Sir Isaac Newton.​

Asif Akbar on his way to debut in Bollywood

1714866742547.png
Photo: Collected

Bangladeshi singer Asif Akbar lately demonstrated his versatility by venturing into Bollywood songs. Recently, he journeyed to India and recorded a track at AR Rahman's KM Studio and Yash Raj Studio. Taking to social media, he excitedly announced his debut in the Indian film industry, although he kept the film's name under wraps.

He wrote on social media, "Alhamdulillah. I have graced the Bollywood film industry, proudly hoisting the flag of my beloved Bangladesh. With the greatness of the Almighty and boundless love, my journey continues ceaselessly."

Apart from Asif, several other Bangladeshi singers have also lent their voices to Bollywood films by singing Hindi songs. Notably, their songs have gained popularity. This proves time and again that music knows no bounds.

Runa Laila's name is at the top of the list of Bangladeshi playback singers in Bollywood. Runa first lent her voice to an item song in the 1976 film "Ek Se Badhkar Ek" composed by the famous music directors Kalyanji and Anandji.

Later, she collaborated with Bhupinder Singh to perform the song "Do Deewane Shaher Mein" for the film "Gharonda".

The song "Maar Gaye Re" from the film "Jaan-E-Bahaar" sung by Runa Laila with Mohammad Rafi gained popularity as well.

In addition to the aforementioned songs, Runa Laila also lent her voice to several other popular Bollywood tracks, including "O Mera Babu Chhail Chhabila" (1977), "Sapnon Ka Mandir" (1978), "Aye Dilwale Aao" (1980) and "Kaho Sakhi Kaho" (1982).

Andrew Kishore, a well-known Bangladeshi singer, was also recognised for his playback singing in Hindi movies, including compositions by the iconic R D Burman.

He entered Bollywood in 1986, offering his vocals for the Bengali-Indian collaboration "Shatru", helmed by Promod Chakraborty. The film's music was composed by none other than the renowned R D Burman, further elevating Andrew Kishore's involvement in the project.

Kishore's contribution to the film's soundtrack was significant, and his songs resonated with audiences across Bangladesh and India. While his Bollywood career was relatively brief, his involvement in "Shatru" marked a notable collaboration between two musical giants from Bangladesh and India.The songs "Suresh Chanda" and "Mein Teri Bismil Hu", penned by lyricist Majrooh Sultanpuri, captivated audiences with their heartfelt melodies and poignant lyrics.

Mahfuz Anam James, a Bangladeshi artiste, made his debut singing "Bheegi Bheegi Raton Mein" in the Bollywood movie "Gangster" in 2005. The track, composed by Pritam and directed by Anurag Basu, garnered immense popularity amongst audiences.

Following that success, James lent his vocals to tracks like "Alvida", "Rishte", and "Chal Chal Apne Ghar" in the movies "O Lamhe" (2006) and "Life in a Metro" (2007). He further showcased his talent by singing "Bebasi" for the film "Warning" in 2013.

Continuing the legacy set by James, another Bangladesh singer, Asif Akbar, has now carved out a niche for himself in Bollywood playback singing. Audiences are eagerly anticipating the release of his latest track.​

Kornia jazzes up jam with song
6 May 2024, 12:00 am

1714952677486.png

Entertainment Report :

The city dwellers have no end of regret about the traffic jam in the capital Dhaka. Singer Zakiya Sultana Kornia has brought the image of Dhaka Jam in a song. This song titled 'Dhaka Te Jam' was released on Kornia's YouTube channel last Friday.

Directed by Raj Biswas Sankor, tune and music of the song have been composed by Amlaan A Chakraborty. Lyrics of the song were penned by Sudip Kumar Dip.

When asked about the response to the music video so far, singer Kornia said, "The response has been fantastic. Audiences have shown a lot of love and appreciation towards the song. I'm thrilled that my fans have embraced this unique concept."

Upon watching the music video, one is immediately drawn to the title 'Dhaka Te Jam'.

When asked about how she came up with this title, Kornia credited the music director, who resides in Kolkata but was inspired after getting caught up in Dhaka's notorious stream of heavy traffic.

Kornia said, "Dhaka's traffic is something we are accustomed to dealing with daily. In Kolkata, such circumstances are hardly seen. When my music director encountered a massive traffic flow en route to the airport, he thought of this idea and shared it with me. That's how the lyrics for the song came about."

Even before the music video was released, there was a huge demand for it, the singer explained, "I performed this song at various stage shows before creating the music video, and audiences have been eagerly anticipating its release since then."

Kornia also shared an interesting anecdote from one of her shows, "Once, during a stage show in Jhenaidah, many people asked me when the music video would be coming out. And now that it is out they are showing their love."

Kornia is currently busy with stage shows and working on new songs. She recently performed at a stage show in Naogaon where she was delighted by the large turnout of the audience. She mentioned, "I had a great time at the Naogaon show. I also performed my song 'Dhaka Te Jam' there."

The music video for the song 'Dhake Te Jam' was filmed in various locations across Dhaka including Gulshan and Tejgaon areas.

Nafisa Nushrat Pronome and Shishir Sardar are also featured in the video. Kornia expressed gratitude towards the police for their assistance during the shoot.
It is noted that Kornia was born and raised in Dhaka but her ancestral roots lie in Jhenaidah.​

Canada chants 'Artcell, Artcell!' as beloved band celebrates 25 years

1716076372094.png
Photos: Courtesy

On May 5, Toronto's Hamilton saw what was the largest audience for a band in decades. To everyone's surprise, it was not a North American band, but a Bangladeshi one, celebrating 25 years of their glorious music on tour.

I am, of course, talking about Artcell, whose songs "Pothchola", "Oniket Prantor Dukkho Bilash" and "Ei Bidaye" have titillated the mainstream, while "Odekha Shorgo", "Rahur Grash", "Pathor Bagan", and "Chile Kothar Shepai", amongst numerous others, reside in the hearts of progressive rock fans all across Bangladesh.

1716076434036.png
Local MP of Winnipeg, Terry Duguid, providing certificate of appreciation to Artcell.

"This tour highlights the significance of the love for our music from NRBs," (Non-resident Bangladeshis) says Cezanne, the band's bass player. "This is huge for the entirety of Bangladesh's music landscape."

This holds especially true as Artcell's Vancouver show was sold out in only three hours, prompting the organisers to host another show the very next day, on May 13. Another milestone for the band is the fact that their show in St John's, NL, will be the first time that a Bangladeshi band will perform in the area.

"The 'Artcell Artcell' chants in each show really stole my heart", says Kazi Faisal Ahmed, Artcell's lead guitarist. "People from Virginia and other parts of the US came to see us, even though they know that we are going to eventually tour the United States." Talks are also going on with organisers in the UK and Australia.

1716076512117.png

According to Artcell, this is the first time that a Bangladeshi band is touring the country from coast to coast. "Seeing fans, especially students, from all over Canada makes me emotional," says Iqbal Asif Jewel, a veteran musician who also plays for the legendary Miles.

The band's drummer, Shaju, is grateful that the shows are all houseful. "The organisers are to thank for this momentous occasion," he says.

The voice of Artcell, Lincoln, notes that the spontaneity of the audience is what won him over. "The way they have enjoyed and sang along with all our songs, truly moved me, I feel like the luckiest musician in the world," he says.

For fans in Bangladesh, there is no need to have any FOMO on the beloved band's silver jubilee, as they are planning a special tour, which will see them going around major Bangladeshi universities, culminating in an acoustic show and a larger open-air concert than their 20-year celebration in 2019.

Artcellism, despite its ups and downs, is truly well and alive as the world gets a taste before Bangladesh gets the entrée.​

Fahmida Nabi to release 'Shabdahin Kathara'
Cultural Correspondent 03 June, 2024, 22:26

1717461036785.png
Fahmida Nabi and Farzana Rahman

Singer Fahmida Nabi said that she would release a new song titled 'Shabdahin Kathara' to entertain music lovers in Eid-ul-Azha.

Shabdahin Kathara, written by scriptwriter and lyricist Farzana Rahman, will be released on the official YouTube channel of Fahmida Nabi under the banner of Anmol Presents.

Besides lending her voice to the song, Fahmida Nabi has tuned the music. Music arrangement of the song has been done by Sajib Das.

'I am fond of Farzana Rahman's lyrics,' said Fahmida Nabi, adding that she earlier lent her voice to another song titled 'Tumihin' penned by Farzana.

The lyricist said that the song was a modern romantic song.

'Fahmida Nabi is selective in recording songs. Her listeners have good taste in music,' mentioned Farzana Rahman.

Fahmida Nabi also said that she would release two more new songs penned by two other women lyricists during Eid-ul-Azha.

She will release 'Kacher Manush Dure Jay' penned by Ila Majid and 'Jonaki o Janaki' penned by Husne Ara Jolly.

'We have already filmed two music videos. I hope that music lovers will enjoy the songs,' ended Fahmida Nabi.

Sabina Yasmin returns home after months of treatment abroad
1717545789817.png
Photos: Collected

Legendary singer Sabina Yasmin has returned to Bangladesh after undergoing treatment for three and a half months at Singapore General Hospital. The singer arrived back in Dhaka on May 31 and is currently recuperating at her home.

A family source confirmed the news to the media on Monday, stating that Yasmin's health is stable. However, she will need to return to Singapore later this month for regular medical check-ups.

Yasmin initially travelled to Singapore in February for a routine medical examination. During the check-up, doctors discovered a dental issue, necessitating surgery on February 7.

Following the surgery, she underwent a course of radiotherapy. While the radiotherapy has been completed, it resulted in some side effects that necessitate periodic medical attention. According to her family, she will need to visit Singapore periodically over the next year to monitor her condition.

With over five decades in the music industry, Sabina Yasmin has cemented her status as one of Bangladesh's most distinguished vocalists. Her career spans various musical genres, including patriotic songs, classical, folk, and modern Bangla music, along with significant contributions to film music.

Yasmin's illustrious career has been recognised with 14 National Film Awards for her playback singing in films. The Government of Bangladesh has honoured her with the Ekushey Padak, the country's second-highest civilian award, and the Independence Award, the highest civilian honour, in recognition of her outstanding contributions to music.

Grateful for 60 years of love: Runa Laila
1719187900914.png
Photo: Star and Collected

Runa Laila is a globally acclaimed artiste who has made her mark with various achievements including being honoured with the coveted Independence Award. This esteemed vocalist, famed especially in the subcontinent, began her singing career 60 years ago, observing six decades in music today.

She has captivated the hearts of billions with her songs, by performing in 18 different languages. Her contributions have elevated Bangladesh to a distinctive level of international recognition.

"Frankly speaking, it is surprising for me to even think that I have been singing for 60 years as I continue to remain in this profession. I plan to keep singing in the future as well. For this, I am deeply grateful to Almighty Allah. Through my ability to sing, I have received love, respect, and admiration from people. I have won people's hearts over these years, and my love for the audience remains strong," she professed.

Claiming to be a lucky person, she stated, "I have been singing for a very long time and consider myself fortunate to be able to still perform. Just a few days ago, I recorded two new songs. I have the unwavering support of my family, and I continue to receive love from people. For these reasons, I truly feel lucky."

Addressing the love the songbird has been receiving all these years, she expressed, "Completing 60 years in music is a significant milestone in my career. Even after six decades, I continue to receive love from so many people. Their numerous heartfelt messages and words of devotion touch my heart profoundly, making me very emotional. It is difficult to express just how emotional I feel. I can't help but feel like repeatedly conveying my love and gratitude to everyone."

"Today, Channel i has organised an event to commemorate my 60 years in music. I extend my love and gratitude to them," she informed.

Finding it difficult to choose a particularly memorable encounter with fans because she has had so many wonderful experiences, she said, "Throughout my decades' worth of career in music, I have gained many fans and audiences, both at home and abroad, who have shown me, immense love. It is hard to single out any particular experience because all of them mean so much to me. In one sentence, I extend my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to everyone. Although I am not physically close to them, I hold them dear in my heart as I remain indebted to them."

Elaborating on her plans with music, she communicated, "I still sing and continue to learn, as there is no end to learning music. I want to learn more. At this age, I realise that Allah has given me so much more than I could ever ask for. I don't seek anything more; I just want to continue giving through my songs."

In staying true to music and the coming days, she admitted, "Positive thinking has always been effective for me. Throughout my life, I have approached everything with a positive outlook. Even now, I focus on what can be achieved. I strive to create new songs and melodies, collaborating with new talents to help them progress. I have a deep appreciation for newcomers and their contributions."

"In 60 years of my musical journey, I hold deep love for everyone and extend infinite gratitude to all," she concluded.​

'Laage Ura Dhura' ranks fourth on YouTube's Top 100 chart
1720917774512.png

"Laage Ura Dhura" created a storm all over social media when it was released on YouTube. From TikTok to Instagram, everybody seems to still be dancing to the tunes of Pritom Hasan and Debosrie Antara's song which has over 86 million views on YouTube, as of yet.

Now the song has reached another milestone on YouTube, it has become the first ever Bengali song to enter the Global Top 100 chart on YouTube. "Laage Ura Dhura" is trending at number four on this chart and everybody involved with the film and music is super elated by the news.

Chorki shared the news on its Facebook page with the caption "'Laage Ura Dhura' has created a record for Bengali music milestones. A moment of pride for all of us."

"The chorus tune of this song is taken from the late Matal Rajjak Dewan's famous song "Morar Kokiley", which has been voiced by legends like Momtaz and Baby Naznin. There are many versions of this song available worldwide. This specific version was penned by Shorif Uddin.

Released during Eid-ul-Azha, "Toofan" has been a major hit in Bangladesh, showing in more than 100 theatres including Star Cineplex, Blockbuster Cinemas, Lion Cinemas, and Modhumita.

The movie stars Shakib Khan alongside India's Mimi Chakraborty and Bangladesh's Nabila, with significant roles played by Chanchal Chowdhury, Fazlur Rahman Babu, Gazi Rakayet, Salauddin Lavlu, and Gausul Alam Shaon.

Produced by Alpha-i Studios Limited, with digital partner Chorki and international distributor SVF, "Toofan" is making its mark both domestically and internationally.​

'Laage Ura Dhura' ranks fourth on YouTube's Top 100 chart
View attachment 6935

"Laage Ura Dhura" created a storm all over social media when it was released on YouTube. From TikTok to Instagram, everybody seems to still be dancing to the tunes of Pritom Hasan and Debosrie Antara's song which has over 86 million views on YouTube, as of yet.

Now the song has reached another milestone on YouTube, it has become the first ever Bengali song to enter the Global Top 100 chart on YouTube. "Laage Ura Dhura" is trending at number four on this chart and everybody involved with the film and music is super elated by the news.

Chorki shared the news on its Facebook page with the caption "'Laage Ura Dhura' has created a record for Bengali music milestones. A moment of pride for all of us."

"The chorus tune of this song is taken from the late Matal Rajjak Dewan's famous song "Morar Kokiley", which has been voiced by legends like Momtaz and Baby Naznin. There are many versions of this song available worldwide. This specific version was penned by Shorif Uddin.

Released during Eid-ul-Azha, "Toofan" has been a major hit in Bangladesh, showing in more than 100 theatres including Star Cineplex, Blockbuster Cinemas, Lion Cinemas, and Modhumita.

The movie stars Shakib Khan alongside India's Mimi Chakraborty and Bangladesh's Nabila, with significant roles played by Chanchal Chowdhury, Fazlur Rahman Babu, Gazi Rakayet, Salauddin Lavlu, and Gausul Alam Shaon.

Produced by Alpha-i Studios Limited, with digital partner Chorki and international distributor SVF, "Toofan" is making its mark both domestically and internationally.​
Controversially dressed woman, revealing the belly.

Popular musician, Shafin Ahmed passes away aged 63
Published :
Jul 25, 2024 09:06
Updated :
Jul 25, 2024 10:57
1721890974515.png
Shafin Ahmed Photo : UNB

Shafin Ahmed, regarded as Bangladesh's one of the most popular and iconic band artists and former frontman of the legendary Bangladeshi band Miles, passed away at age 63 on Wednesday.

The popular Bangladeshi rock bassist, singer-songwriter, and record producer breathed his last while on life support in a hospital in Virginia, United States, on Wednesday (local time) due to heart and kidney failure, according to the Bangladesh Band Music Fans Community, as per UNB reports.

Born on February 14, 1961, in Kolkata, West Bengal, India, to the subcontinent's pioneering music artists Kamal Dasgupta and Feroza Begum, Shafin Ahmed joined the Bangladeshi rock band Miles in 1979.

Alongside his brother and another iconic Bangladeshi music artist, Hamin Ahmed, he performed in Miles first as an acoustic guitarist and later became the band's lead singer and bassist in 1991.

After moving to Dhaka during childhood, Shafin Ahmed began his musical career at the age of nine by taking lessons about Nazrul Sangeet, courtesy of his iconic parents.

He was exposed to Western musical influences since he studied in England, along with his elder brother Hamin Ahmed, after completing his schooling at the St Joseph Higher Secondary School in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Continuing with Miles as the vocalist, songwriter, composer, and bass guitarist from 1979, Shafin Ahmed first left the band in 2009. He rejoined in 2014 and continued till 2017, left for the second time, and rejoined for his final run with the band in 2018, after permanently leaving the band in 2021.

Besides his successful musical career, Shafin Ahmed also took part in the nation's politics and even contested at the Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) in 2019 for the mayor position from the Jatiya Party.​

Shafin felt unjustly treated at Miles before departure

1721952442564.png
Photos: Collected

Renowned musician Shafin Ahmed, the iconic voice of the band Miles, passed away at the age of 63. He breathed his last today at a hospital in the United States. Shafin had been an integral part of Miles since nearly its inception. Despite personal setbacks, he had always found his way back to the band until November 2021, when he announced his final departure, citing various internal issues.

In a heartfelt video shared on his Facebook page on November 27, 2021, Shafin expressed his reasons for leaving Miles. "I took this decision because of many unfair and unjust activities within the band Miles for a long time," he stated. Despite his departure, he assured fans that his musical journey would continue independently. He also urged fans to respect his decision.

Shafin Ahmed's journey with Miles began in 1979. "I have given many years and a lot of hard work to Miles. We have done a lot of creative work together," he said in the video. "Many of you know how much of a contribution I made to the position Miles is in today. But recently, I was forced to make a decision. That is, earlier this year, I decided that it would not be possible for me to carry out any musical activities with Miles' current line-up."

Shafin emphasised that he would continue performing and recording music. "However, my path in the world of music will remain the same as before. I will make appearances on stage and recordings. I expect that the name, 'Miles' will not be misused. We celebrated the 40th anniversary of the band gloriously and respectfully. If we cannot work together, the line-up's activities should not be suspended at this point, and I think that is the best decision. So, I hope no one tarnishes the name of 'Miles'. That's all I have to say," he added.

Shafin's history with Miles was marked by multiple departures and returns. In early 2010, he withdrew from the band for personal reasons but rejoined after a few months. Again in 2017, he left only to reconcile and return later that year. However, his departure in 2021 seemed final as he highlighted the issues plaguing the band's integrity.

"For 40 years, I have been associated with Miles. Three years ago, I had to make the decision to leave Miles. I still haven't found a proper resolution to that. Later, I embarked on a journey under the name Shafin Ahmed. My wish was that the name 'Miles' should no longer be used to avoid bringing criticism to a band that has reached a place of respect. From that standpoint, I hoped none of us would use the name 'Miles'."

"It's a bad situation, and I didn't want to go there. For four decades, people have known Miles and seen me. Many have said that 'Voice of Miles' means Shafin Ahmed. Shafin Ahmed and Miles became synonymous. My hard work and dedication are behind this name. If anyone deserves to use it, it should be me. I am not saying this to create conflict; I am saying this because I have a rightful claim to it. From that right, I didn't call it 'Miles' completely. I don't want to create doubt by calling myself 'Miles'. But I can certainly say that I am the 'Voice of Miles'; I have that right. That's where the name 'Voice of Miles' came from."​

Shafin Ahmed laid to rest atop his father's burial site
1722382146626.png
Photo: Star

Shafin Ahmed, the legendary figure in the music industry, was laid to rest atop his father's burial site, with the grave of his mother renowned singer Firoza Begum nearby.

His body arrived in Dhaka yesterday afternoon. Today a funeral service was held at Gulshan Azad Mosque, and he was buried at Banani Cemetery at 2:40pm.

1722382192393.png

His family members, bandmates, and fellow musicians, including his brother Hamin Ahmed, vocalist Maqsoodul Haque, Partha Barua, Manam Ahmed, Nakeeb Khan, Foad Nasser Babu, Shuvro Dev, Labu Rahman, Iqbal Asif Jewel, Latiful Islam Shibli and Tapas, were among those who gathered to pay their final respects to the beloved singer.

1722382250390.png

The family has confirmed the date for Shafin Ahmed's Kulkhani, which will take place on Friday (August 2) at the Gulshan Community Mosque, located near the Banani graveyard. The ceremony will be held after Friday's Jum'ah prayer prayers to seek forgiveness for his soul.

Shafin Ahmed was born on February 14, 1961. He was the son of the esteemed vocalist Firoza Begum and the renowned musician Kamal Dasgupta.

1722382294843.png

Shafin Ahmed, the vocalist and bass guitarist of Miles Band, voiced several popular songs both from his solo album and with the band. Some of these hits include "Chand Tara Shoorjo," "Prothom Premer Moto," "Gunjon Shuni," "Shey Kon Dorodia," "Phirye Dao," "Dhiki Dhiki," "Pahari Meye," "Ki Jadu," "Hridoyheena," "Shopno Bhongo," "Jala Jala," "Shesh Thikana," "Piyashi Mon," and "Priyotmoa Megh," among others.

Shafin Ahmed passed away on July 25 at approximately 6:50am (Bangladeshi Time) at a hospital in Virginia, USA. He was 63 years old at the time of his passing.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back