Home Watch Videos Wars Movies Login

[🇧🇩] A New Political Party: National Citizen Party

Latest Posts Countries Wars Q&A

[🇧🇩] A New Political Party: National Citizen Party
181
4K
More threads by Saif

G Bangladesh Defense

NCP leaders leave Gopalganj police superintendent’s office in armoured vehicles

Published :
Jul 16, 2025 21:00
Updated :
Jul 16, 2025 21:00
Share this news

1752708575806.webp


The National Citizen Party (NCP) leaders have left the district police superintendent’s office in Gopalganj in the Army’s armoured personnel carrier (APC).

Around 2:45pm on Wednesday, as their convoy was leaving the town following a rally, a large crowd ambushed the NCP motorcade near Gopalganj Government College in the Launch Ghat area, according to witnesses, reports bdnews24.com.

Earlier in the day, the party leaders had held a rally at the town’s municipal park amid several rounds of clashes and running battles between opposing groups.

As they departed the rally site under the protection of police and Army personnel, a large crowd reportedly launched an attack on their convoy shortly after it had moved a short distance.

Law enforcers then rerouted the convoy and escorted the NCP leaders to the district police superintendent’s office, where they stayed for some time.

Additional Inspector General (Crime) Khondaker Rafiqul Islam said, “NCP leaders and workers were stuck in the Gopalganj police superintendent’s office. When they were ‘cleared’ around 5:15pm, they left.”

He said reports of one person’s death were circulating, but the information could not be confirmed.

Witnesses at the scene described the entire area as resembling a war zone, with widespread unrest making it nearly impossible for residents to move from one place to another.

A video of NCP leaders boarding an armoured vehicle in the premises of the district police superintendent’s office has been circulated on social media.

The short clip shows NCP leader Sarjis Alam stepping out of an armoured vehicle and then re-entering it with Hasnat Abdullah, assisted by army personnel.

Shortly afterwards, NCP leader Akhtar Hossain arrived but was taken into a different nearby vehicle.

In another video, Convener Nahid Islam was seen getting into a similar armoured vehicle.

A journalist stationed near the police superintendent’s office reported seeing the leaders leaving in two vehicles, both heading towards the police line.

NCP Joint Member Secretary Alauddin Mohammad earlier told bdnews24.com, "NCP's central leaders have taken refuge in a nearby building after being attacked by miscreants. Later, we learnt it was the district police superintendent’s office.

“With the help of law enforcement, they are trying to cross the terror-prone area and join the next programme of the march.”

Since morning, the entire city of Gopalganj has turned into a battleground due to a series of attacks and clashes surrounding the NCP rally and march programme.

Shops in most areas have been closed due to panic amid the loud noise of hand grenades, sound grenades, and tear gas being thrown and the chase and counter-chase. People's movement has also been restricted.

The district administration has imposed Section 144 in the city.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

NCP leaders, activists withdraw blockade at Shahbagh

UNB
Published :
Jul 16, 2025 20:50
Updated :
Jul 16, 2025 20:50

1752708702504.webp


The blockade enforced by National Citizen Party (NCP) activists at Shahbagh protesting the attack on their fellows in Gopalganj has been withdrawn.

They put the blockade around 5pm demanding the arrest of the attackers within 24 hours.

Abu Bakar Mojumder, central convenor of Bangladesh Ganatantrik Chhatra Sangsad, student wing of the NCP, announced the withdrawal of the blockade.

He said, “We became very disappointed when the administration failed to ensure the security of the July fighters. We have announced blockade programmes across the country. Already, blockade programs are being carried out in many places. We are giving a 24-hour ultimatum. Within these 24 hours, those who attacked the NCP activists must be arrested. At the same time, considering the suffering of the people, we are withdrawing the program now.”

Earlier in the morning, activists of the Awami League and banned Chhatra League attacked the NCP men when they reached Gopalganj to attend the scheduled programme.

The AL and its associate bodies also got locked into clashes with the law enforcers, leaving several injured.

Protesting the attacks, NCP supporters blocked several roads in the country.

Meanwhile, local administration slapped curfew in Gopalganj district to maintain law and order.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

Gopalganj Attack: NCP announces countrywide protest rally for Thursday
Gives 24-hour ultimatum to arrest those responsible

UNB
Published :
Jul 16, 2025 23:14
Updated :
Jul 16, 2025 23:14

1752709064360.webp


National Citizen Party (NCP) has announced a countrywide protest rally on Thursday in response to the attack on its rally in Gopalganj on Wednesday afternoon.

NCP Convener Nahid Islam made the announcement at a press conference held at the Khulna Press Club on Wednesday night.

He also issued a 24-hour ultimatum to the authorities, demanding the immediate arrest of those responsible for the attack.

“This attack on us reflects the Awami League’s ongoing fascist behavior, even a year after the July Uprisings,” Nahid said during the press conference.

He also expressed heartfelt gratitude to the organisations and political parties that condemned the incident and urged them to unite against the “fascist Awami League.”

At least three people were killed and several others injured in clashes between police and activists of Awami League and its associate bodies over a rally of the National Citizens’ Party (NCP) in Gopalganj on Wednesday afternoon.

Meanwhile, the government imposed a curfew in Gopalganj district amid heightening tensions over clashes between police and Awami League activists over an NCP rally.

The curfew will remain in force from 8pm on Wednesday to 6pm on Thursday, according to the Chief Adviser’s press wing.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

Attack on NCP rally: Interim govt vows punishment for this heinous act
Staff Correspondent Dhaka
Published: 16 Jul 2025, 19: 27

1752711489700.webp

The interim government has issued a statement strongly condemning the attack on National Citizen Party (NCP) leaders and activists Screengrab

The interim government has issued a statement strongly condemning the attack on National Citizen Party (NCP) leaders and activists. The statement issued on Wednesday from the official Facebook page of the Offic evening said the use of violence today in Gopalganj was utterly indefensible.

The interim government further said in the statement, “Preventing young citizens from peacefully holding a rally to commemorate the one-year anniversary of their revolutionary movement is a shameful violation of their fundamental rights. Members of the National Citizen Party (NCP), police and media were subjected to brutal attacks, with their cars vandalised and individuals violently assaulted.”

Claiming that members of banned Chhatra League and Awami League carried out these attacks, the statement further said, “This heinous act—allegedly carried out by members of the banned Awami League’s Chhatra League and AL activists —will not go unpunished. The perpetrators must be swiftly identified and held fully accountable. There is no place for such violence against any citizen of Bangladesh.”

“We commend the Army and police for their prompt intervention, and we applaud the resilience and courage of the students and people who carried on with their rally despite these malicious threats.

Those responsible for this brutality will face justice. Let it be made absolutely clear: violence has no place in our nation. Justice must and will prevail,” it added.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

Fakhrul expresses concern over attack on NCP event in Gopalganj

BSS Dhaka
Updated: 16 Jul 2025, 18: 15

1752711702540.webp

Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir

BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir has expressed deep concern over the heinous attack by the "terrorists of the Awami fascist government" on the NCP's previously announced 'March to Gopalganj' event in Gopalganj.

In a statement today, the BNP Secretary General said, "After the fall of the Awami dictatorial regime in the student-public movement, the miscreants have once again engaged in creating an unstable situation in the country and gaining benefits through anarchy."

"Today, the barbaric attack on the NCP's previously announced program in Gopalganj, the crude bomb (cocktail) explosion, the arson attack on UNO and law enforcers vehicles, and the injury of police officers are manifestations of such misconduct of miscreants," he said.

Due to extreme deterioration of the law and order situation, Fakhrul said, the Awami allies have now raised their heads to create anarchy in the country, leaving the interim government in a difficult position and taking advantage of it.

There is no alternative to tame these miscreants with a strong hand, he suggested.

In order to establish democracy and the right of people to vote, so that fascism cannot rise again in the country, people of all classes and professions, regardless of party or opinion, must come forward in protecting the lives and property of the people of the country, he said.

"We must remain united. Otherwise, the country will once again face threats to protect its independence and sovereignty," he said.

In the statement, the BNP Secretary General called for the immediate arrest and exemplary punishment of the miscreants who attacked the NCP's previously announced programme in Gopalganj.

He wished the injured police members a speedy recovery.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

Long march to Gopalganj if AL goons not held: NCP
Staff Correspondent 17 July, 2025, 20:29

1752798027706.webp

National Citizen Party convener Nahid Islam addresses a street rally in Faridpur on Thursday. | Focus Bangla photo

National Citizen Party convener Nahid Islam at a rally in Faridpur on Thrusday said that the party would bring out a long march to Gopalganj if Awami League hooligans, including those involved in Wednesday’s attack on their rally in the district town, were not arrested soon.

The rally, held at Faridpur town’s Janata Bank Mor on the 17th day of the NCP’s countrywide march, was part of the party’s ongoing programme to mark the first anniversary of the July uprising.

Nahid said, ‘We defeated the hooligans of Mujibism on August 5. We are still allowing time to arrest those hooligans peacefully and legally.’

‘Otherwise, we will soon hold a long march to Gopalganj and this time we will not hold the long march to make a comeback. We will only return after freeing the land and people of Gopalganj from Mujibism completely and forever,’ said Nahid at the rally.

Earlier, on Wednesday night, Nahid demanded that the attackers must be arrested within 24 hours after a series of clashes between members of law enforcement agencies and activists of the AL and its affiliates in Gopalganj district town over the NCP rally left at least four people dead and many injured.

Addressing the Faridpur rally, Nahid said, ‘Gopalganj is still a shelter for fascists. …We are with the general people of Gopalganj. We urge the government that not a single common person of Gopalganj must be harassed. But each of the fascists and hooligans must be arrested.’

Nahid was also a former central leader of the Students Against Discrimination movement that spearheaded the July uprising to oust the Awami League regime on August 5.

He raised concerns, saying that the hooligans of the Awami League and its affiliated organisations were not arrested, the arrestees were released from courts and the trial process was not progressing.

Indicating the associates of fascists and corrupt officials at different tiers of the administration, Nahid warned, ‘We have taken to the streets demanding trials and we will not leave the streets before ensuring the trials.’

Following the Wednesday attack in Gopalganj, a large number of police, Rapid Action Battalion, Bangladesh Army and Border Guard Bangladesh members were deployed to ensure security for the Faridpur rally.Bangladesh travel packages

NCP leaders and activists staged a march from the Faridpur circuit house to Janata Bank Mor before the rally.

The NCP began its national-level march on July 1 from Rangpur by offering prayers for uprising martyr Abu Sayeed as part of its July 1- August 5 countrywide programme to mark the first anniversary of the uprising.

A group of student and youth leaders who led the uprising formed the NCP on February 28.

NCP leaders and activists, including the party’s member secretary Akhter Hossen, chief organiser for North Sarjis Alam, chief organiser for South Hasnat Abdullah, chief coordinator Nasiruddin Patwary, senior joint convener Samanta Shermeen, senior joint member secretary Tasnim Jara and joint convener Anik Roy, among others, participated in the marches and rallies in Faridpur and Rajbari districts.

The NCP is scheduled to hold marches in all districts till July 30, demanding trial of the Awami League and its leaders for the massacres during the mass uprising, reforms in various sectors, and a new constitution aiming at building a discrimination-free Bangladesh.

The party leaders and activists will hold a march and a rally in Munshiganj district today.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

Another battle lies ahead, we’re preparing for it: Nahid Islam
Correspondent Munshiganj
Published: 18 Jul 2025, 19: 26

1752885510562.webp

Nahid Islam speaks at a street rally in Munshiganj on 18 July, 2025. Prothom Alo

Nahid Islam, the convener of the National Citizen Party (NCP), said, “We were attacked in Gopalganj. There will be attacks in 10 more districts, but we cannot be suppressed. The battle we declared against Mujibism through the mass uprising, the battle we launched against fascism, will not stop until it reaches its end.”

He made these remarks during a street rally in Munshiganj around 1:00 pm on Friday. The programme was organised as part of the party’s July March.


“We will continue the battle we have begun. The Almighty is with us, and so are the people. There is nothing to fear. Another battle lies ahead, and we are preparing for it,” said Nahid Islam.

1752885541174.webp

A street rally of the National Citizen Party (NCP) in Munshiganj on 18 July, 2025. Prothom Alo

In his speech, the NCP convener addressed local issues in Munshiganj such as illegal sand extraction, river erosion, the dilapidated road communication, and a fragile healthcare system.

He said, “River erosion, extortion are taking place in Munshiganj. Every month, river erosion is leading to new climate refugees. We will arrange protection from river erosion. We will stop illegal sand extraction and bring about fundamental changes.”

He noted that the district suffers from poor education and employment. People here must rise again in protest, just like they did during the mass uprising. A culture of protest should be developed in every locality.

Speaking about the voting rights of expatriates, Nahid Islam said thousands of people from Munshiganj live abroad. “We have spoken up for their voting rights. Some say expatriates have no right to vote… why will they vote! We would like to say that the expatriates are part of this country, and we will ensure their right to vote.”

Among others, the party’s member secretary Akhter Hossen, chief organiser (southern region) Hasnat Abdullah, chief organiser (northern region) Sarjis Alam, senior joint member secretary Tasnim Zara, and chief coordinator Nasiruddin Patwari spoke on the occasion.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

NCP vows to resist fascism, ‘Mujibism’
Staff Correspondent 18 July, 2025, 15:47

1752886320980.webp

National Citizen Party leaders and activists bring out a street march from Nitaiganj in Narayanganj on Friday. | Focus Bangla photo

National Citizen Party convener Nahid Islam at a rally in Munshiganj on Friday said that the party would continue its fight against fascism and ‘Mujibism’ until eradicating every possibility of their re-emergence.

As part of the party’s ongoing programme marking the first anniversary of the July uprising, Nahid said, ‘We will not stop until finishing the fight that we began against fascism and Mujibism through the uprising.’

The student-led July uprising ousted the authoritarian Awami League regime on August 5, 2024.

‘We know that there is another battle ahead. We are preparing for the battle too. We know that we will have to fight the battle on different fronts,’ said Nahid while addressing a rally at Krishi Bank Mor in Munshiganj city on the 18th day of the party’s countrywide march.

Nahid was also a former central leader of the Students Against Discrimination that spearheaded the July uprising.

Nahid said that the party was pressing the authorities concerned for introducing voting system for expatriate Bangladeshis.

Referring to the July 16 attack on the NCP rally in Gopalganj, he said that even if similar attacks would take place in the coming days, their movement would not stop.

Seeking support from the people of Munshiganj, he promised actions against river erosion and illegal sand extraction in the district.

The NCP began its national-level march on July 1 from Rangpur by offering prayers for uprising martyr Abu Sayeed as part of its July 1-August 5 countrywide programme to mark the first anniversary of the uprising.

A group of student and youth leaders who led the uprising formed the NCP on February 28.

While addressing the rally in Munshiganj, NCP chief organiser for North Sarjis Alam said that the country would not be truly free until abolition of fascism, reported New Age correspondent in Munshiganj.New age products

NCP leaders and activists, including the party’s member secretary Akhter Hossen, chief organiser for South Hasnat Abdullah, chief coordinator Nasiruddin Patwary, senior joint convener Samanta Shermeen, senior joint member secretary Tasnim Jara and joint convener Anik Roy, among others, participated in the rally.

After the rally in Munshiganj, the NCP leaders and activists also held a rally and brought out a march in Narayanganj city on Friday.

Addressing the Narayanganj rally, Nahid said that a few families had ruled the city for years and continued extortion, killing and violation of civil rights.

The NCP is scheduled to hold marches in all districts till July 30, demanding trial of the Awami League and its leaders for the massacres during the mass uprising, reforms in various sectors, and a new constitution aiming at building a discrimination-free Bangladesh.

The party leaders and activists will hold marches and rallies in Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban districts today.​
 
Analyze

Analyze Post

Add your ideas here:
Highlight Cite Respond

Members Online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Back
 
G
O
 
H
O
M
E