🇧🇩 Indo-Bangla Relation: India's Regional Ambition, Geopolitical Reality, and Strategic Options For Bangladesh

G Bangladesh Defense Forum
BD has never been so Important nation for India like India is to Bangladesh.
If Bangladesh is not so important for India, then why do your politicians come to us to beg for transit? Why do your politicians want our support to stabilize your North-East? Why do your politicians try their level best to stop Bangladesh from taking forward her relationship with China? Bangladesh is the largest export market for India in South Asia. If we stop buying your not so good quality product, your farmers and business people will start bhook hartal. We have other options like China, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey, Russia and Brazil to buy products. But do you have any other customer as big as Bangladesh in South Asia?

If Bangladesh is not so important for India, then why do your politicians come to us to beg for transit? Why do your politicians want our support to stabilize your North-East? Why do your politicians try their level best to stop Bangladesh from taking forward her relationship with China? Bangladesh is the largest export market for India in South Asia. If we stop buying your not so good quality product, your farmers and business people will start bhook hartal. We have other options like China, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey, Russia and Brazil to buy products. But do you have any other customer as big as Bangladesh in South Asia?

because that will be easiest to do. There are many way to do the things. We requested Pakistan to give us a route to trade with BD. They denied and we found alternate route through Chhabhar. We as a neighbor request BD and Myanmar to not let their land to be used by insurgent groups so that we may not have to carry out operation like we did by against ULFA by entering into Myanmar by violating their territorial boundaries. If other country does not cooperate, plan B,C.... etc are always there. I request BD to stop buying everything you buy from India. Our rice, wheat and other agriculture products are so much in Demand that have to put ban on its export and even UN requested us to lift the ban. Inspite of that, if exported that to BD, it was a friendly gesture. Stop buying from India and see what happens with inflation and your textile export.

Last edited:
If Bangladesh is as unimportant to India as you say, then why come over to this section and post?

As incredulous as I am, I am truly curious what you base your doomsday statement about Bangladesh on, other than BJP and Godi propaganda.

As immature it may be, I need to get to the basis of your thinking process (and your logic) so I can gauge your credibility from now going forward.

Some would gather that this is a waste of time, but what the heck, I will take the bait.

Why do you think, Bangladesh will face,
  1. electricity shortage,
  2. food shortage,
  3. fall in export
  4. or any other calamity
Answer each point with your SPECIFIC reason. If you can't - then I will figure that your logic is non-existent.

You got offended without understanding what I say. India is in a big league and a country like BD can not be as important to as India as India is to BD. This does not mean that BD is not a progressive country or an important country but when a big country is dealing with so many important countries with multiple options a single country can not be as important for them. This is neither against BD nor any other country but a general fact. Even India was not as Important as it is today when we were 15th or 20th largest economy few years back. We built on our strength and reached where we are today.

I really believe that 4 points you mention are true and going to happen in reality.

We requested Pakistan to give us a route to trade with BD.
Ha...ha...ha... Hey man! Did you even see the map before making such a stupid comment?

We as a neighbor request BD and Myanmar to not let their land to be used by insurgent groups
Why do you let Shanti Bahini use your precious land to carryout subversive activities inside Bangladesh?
so that we may not have to carry out operation like we did by against ULFA by entering into Myanmar by violating their territorial boundaries.
Try violating our territorial boundaries for once. Your ill trained bulky army will get an unforgettable lesson from us.

Stop buying from India and see what happens with inflation and your textile export.
Please always appreciate the businesses you get from other countries in this case it is Bangladesh. We have options to buy cotton from China. So, if you don't sell cotton to Bangladesh, we will turn to China for the cotton. At least China will thank us for the business they will get from Bangladesh. China is a grateful nation. I wish I could say the same for India.

You got offended without understanding what I say. India is in a big league and a country like BD can not be as important to as India as India is to BD. This does not mean that BD is not a progressive country or an important country but when a big country is dealing with so many important countries with multiple options a single country can not be as important for them. This is neither against BD nor any other country but a general fact. Even India was not as Important as it is today when we were 15th or 20th largest economy few years back. We built on our strength and reached where we are today.

I really believe that 4 points you mention are true and going to happen in reality.

I understand that you are positing that the 4 points you mention should become reality.

But why ??

What is your logic ?

1. electricity shortage,
  2. food shortage,
  3. fall in export
  4. or any other calamity

Stop buying from India and see what happens with inflation and your textile export.

We have already stopped buying various agricultural commodities from India. We stopped importing onion from India, started onion imports from Egypt last week and Indian govt. immediately reduced export tariff to 20% from 40% so that Gujaratis can survive. Buyers always hold leverage, not sellers.

We have already stopped buying various agricultural commodities from India. We stopped importing onion from India, started onion imports from Egypt last week and Indian govt. immediately reduced export tariff to 20% from 40% so that Gujaratis can survive. Buyers always hold leverage, not sellers.

That is the great favor you have done to India.

Export bans of goods are never permanent. If we put the ban, that means that there was a higher demand that we could have supplied at that time. This proves whatever Ihad said.

India has ease the restriction means restrictions are still there and there were stringent restrictions earlier. That is what I say. We have more demand of import from India than we can supply. That is exactly I say. Had we had no demand, we would be giving incentive rather than putting restrictions.

India has ease the restriction means restrictions are still there and there were stringent restrictions earlier. That is what I say. We have more demand of import from India than we can supply. That is exactly I say. Had we had no demand, we would be giving incentive rather than putting restrictions.

Restrictions meant Gujarati and Maratha onion growers were threatening suicide, per your media. Some had carried out on the threat. :-(

When will Indians ever realize that theirs is a poor third world country suffering hunger rather than boast super power status? Just because Modi makes you feel good with untruths is not what is true.

India ranks far lower than both Pakistan and Bangladesh in the Global Hunger Index.

Onion prices had dipped to unsustainable levels in India because of export restriction recently per your Indian media. Even before that, there was an onion glut in India. One Gujarati guy got fifteen rupees of profit from cultivating one acres of onion production. Without exporting onions, these people will die.

The onion export restriction was a bad geo-political move toward Bangladesh which back-fired on the Modi govt.

Just an effed up situation and horrible anti-people moves - as is typical for Modi Govt.

Instead of quoting "ideas" using your unverified "logic" - I suggest quoting credible news sources.

Last edited:
Restrictions meant Gujarati and Maratha onion growers were threatening suicide, per your media. Onion prices had dipped to unsustainable levels because of export restriction recently per your media. Even before that, there was an onion glut.

The onion export restriction was a bad geo-political move toward Bangladesh which back-fired on the Modi govt.

Just an effed up situation and horrible anti-people moves - as is typical for Modi Govt.

Instead of bring ideas by quoting your unverified "logic" - I suggest quoting credible news sources.

I have quoted your post and explained what it means. You are contradicting yourself.

Rathar than doing chest thumping of onion import from Egypt than from India, you should ask yourself why BD need to import even onion, rice and wheat like items. You guys are not even self sufficient to produce your food. You are proudly post the news that BD imported onion from Egypt than from India.

I have quoted your post and explained what it means. You are contradicting yourself.

Rathar than doing chest thumping of onion import from Egypt than from India, you should ask yourself why BD need to import even onion, rice and wheat like items. You guys are not even self sufficient to produce your food. You are proudly post the news that BD imported onion from Egypt than from India.

You don't understand the basics of supply/demand.

We consume far more in onions than we produce, so we have to import. We produced around 33 Lakh tonnes of Onion last year. Same with Rice - where we have to import because we consume far more than we produce. We don't eat that much wheat.

In fact every year, the onion production exceeds that of previous year. We don't have drought like in India's Western onion growing areas.

Our cost of agri production is also higher than India because of rapid industrialization. People have better jobs than farming, unlike India. Hard to find people in Bangladesh for lower wage farming.

In India majority jobs found are in low-wage farming. Therefore India's agri (onion) production costs are far lower.

There are about 20 plus lakhs of illegal Indian workers working in Bangladeshi factories because of job shortages in India and even then, far lower wages than Bangladesh. We allow them to stay and work because we need people to work our export industries. Instead of Shokar Gujari - Indians think that it is some kind of power that their illegal Millions are working in Bangladesh.

The habit of chest-thumping is endemic to India under Modi, not Bangladesh. We don't have to get votes for BJP.

Indians hardly consume anything. Avg. Indian spending on groceries is probably half that of Pakistani or Bangladeshi people.

Last edited:
You don't understand the basics of supply/demand.

We consume far more in onions than we produce, so we have to import. We produced around 33 Lakh tonnes last year.

In fact every year, the onion production exceeds that of previous year. We don't have drought like in India's Western onion growing areas.

Our cost of agri production is also higher than India because of rapid industrialization. People have better jobs than farming, unlike India, where majority jobs found are in low-wage farming. Hard to find people to where farming offers lower wages.

There are about 20 plus lakhs of illegal Indian workers working in Bangladeshi factories. We allow them to stay and work because we need people to work our export industries. Instead of Shokar Gujari - Indians think that it is some kind of power that their illegal Millions are working in Bangladesh.

The habit of chest-thumping is endemic to India under Modi, not Bangladesh. We don't have to get votes for BJP.

Indians hardly consume anything. Avg. Indian spending on groceries is probably half that of Pakistani or Bangladeshi people.

That is what exactly I told you that you are unable to produce the food you consume. Batter not talk on Industrialization as Gautam adani's networth is higher than the value of BD's capital market.

That is what exactly I told you that you are unable to produce the food you consume. Batter not talk on Industrialization as Gautam adani's networth is higher than the value of BD's capital market.

Your "logic" is non-existent. I am done with you and will stop answering your posts after this.
It is a lost cause.

Self-sufficiency in agri products like onions or rice is not something to boast about. No one cares. These are widely-traded commodities globally.

Please correct your spelling before you post. It is embarrassing.

Gautam Adani is a massive fraudster and this has been well-proven.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back