🌍 Istanbul getting very expensive

Site is back up.

Be apart of something great, join today! We are still updating some fixes.

G  Middle Eastern & African Affairs

Turkey’s inflation problem is so severe the central bank just hiked interest rates to 50%, months after it said it was done raising rates​

it's because of the goddamned immigrants. The central parts of the city are completely ruined yet these piece of shits keep pouring in because our border security is terrible.

I couldn't agree more. But he created and fed this terrible opposition that is even worse than him so people begrudgingly keep him in power.
Erdogan knows very well that his fake ummah superpower is a delusion, but he wants to cling to power by printing money senselessly while economic fundamentals go down the drain. There has to be some option to get rid of Erdogan & Company, even by unconstitutional means. He has also made the Constitution a laughing stock.

I have so many Turkish friends who are good educated professional people and they actually care about their country and are very secular in their outlook, but now just like us, they are losing hope!......Same same wid da Irani turani's. None of us three have any faith left in our countries! God knows what da problem is. Its like a plague has come upon us bhai......Total insanity!....This poor pakistani guy goes to many countries and makes his vlogs and tries to help our poor people get a better life. I follow him to see what's going on in various countries for our poor migrants dying to get out of our country.

Turkey’s inflation problem is so severe the central bank just hiked interest rates to 50%, months after it said it was done raising rates​

Turkey nay do maheenay ich collapse ker jaana hae if Iran and Russia get on their bad side!.......Do maheenay max!

it's because of the goddamned immigrants. The central parts of the city are completely ruined yet these piece of shits keep pouring in because our border security is terrible.

It's also because of the recent Earthquake last year/

That reset the problem by decades according to the media.

Earthquake victims are mostly poor people, most of them had to move to Ankara not İstanbul. Sad reality is that İstanbul is too expensive for many Turks.

Yeah. And Turkish cities are becoming overcrowded because of rural migration I heard/read. Highways and other infurstrucutre might have also been affected.

But my point is lots of factors contribute to this, although I don't think having so many refugees helps. A number of factors also contribute. COVID-19 also damaged the Turkish economy.

Not one but many factors, including the policies of the ruling AK party, contributed to this situation in Istanbul. However, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to reverse the situation from now back to an acceptable level. What they can do is prevent a similar situation from spreading to other metropoles.

Yeah. And Turkish cities are becoming overcrowded because of rural migration I heard/read. Highways and other infurstrucutre might have also been affected.

But my point is lots of factors contribute to this, although I don't think having so many refugees helps. A number of factors also contribute. COVID-19 also damaged the Turkish economy.

Rural migration was in the 70ies, your information is a bit outdated. now the white collar workers are trying to buy land and tractors and migrate off the cities.

AK yaar check this Wali's latest vid about Dubai......same story over there. Ghareeb people having very hard time over there now. Boht mehngaee hae in Dubai/ Abu-Dhabi. Everything expensive now.
do you know it happened to germany before war 1,2 hitler moved towards printing his own currency and barter international and germany become world power, hitler got rid of rothschild banks.

do you know it happened to germany before war 1,2 hitler moved towards printing his own currency and barter international and germany become world power, hitler got rid of rothschild banks.
Few years ago when I was working in Sharjah I remember talking to Pakistani migrants and they said that for $500/ month you could rent a 2 bdr apt in lower middle class hood and 4 people could share rent and live there. Now that same rent is $1000/ month. UAE is beyond reach of most migrants now. Now they've built little ghetto/ squalid prison camps an hour drive out from most cities in the deserts where they house the poor and bus them in n out. Oil Shaikhs are pretty slick bhai. They know how to fix the problems and continue doing business. They know without cheap labor from the subcontinent, they can't do business and stay competitive.

Few years ago when I was working in Sharjah I remember talking to Pakistani migrants and they said that for $500/ month you could rent a 2 bdr apt in lower middle class hood and 4 people could share rent and live there. Now that same rent is $1000/ month. UAE is beyond reach of most migrants now. Now they've built little ghetto/ squalid prison camps an hour drive out from most cities in the deserts where they house the poor and bus them in n out. Oil Shaikhs are pretty slick bhai. They know how to fix the problems and continue doing business. They know without cheap labor from the subcontinent, they can't do business and stay competitive.
It is not cheap labor but quasi-slave labor. It is similar to UK guys lecturing about their minimum wage, which is practically useless without living with 12 people in the same house, with many receiving weekly DOL. Many labor beds in UAE never get cold because laborers rent those beds by shifts as UK migrant laborers do.

slick but sly ugly bas tards more money than sense. if i had money like them i wouldn't even buy luxury cars instead build my own everything my own. once oil runs out the westerners wont even piss on uae even if it on fire.

It is not cheap labor but quasi-slave labor. It is similar to UK guys lecturing about their minimum wage, which is practically useless without living with 12 people in the same house, with many receiving weekly DOL. Many labor beds in UAE never get cold because laborers rent those beds by shifts as UK migrant laborers do.
man I seen 10 living in a bdr apt in the rola neighborhood in Sharjah.......I couldn't believe it. When their day ends most got like $20 in wages for a 12 hr day. It is slavery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back