🇵🇰 - The only real way to make Karrahi | Pakistan Defense Forum

🇵🇰 The only real way to make Karrahi (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
🇵🇰 The only real way to make Karrahi (1 Viewer)

G Pakistan Affairs Forum

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

This dish here, as simple as it is folks, is from my area in Haripur. Chef Afzal zindabaad! I make it just like dis aur itthay Japanese pagal ho jaatay hain after I challenge them that we don't use spices in our cooking. The only spice we got in our food is chilli pepper bhai. If yous see our food being prepared with spices like Indians, then you automatically know its not Pakistani. Nobody wants to eat masalay......it just ruins da food. I also believe the French chefs when they say that if yous add more than three spices to your food, you've totally ruined your cuisine. Koi ne khata Indian food cuz they drown it in spices. Irani don't use any spices, neither do Afghani and same same with most middle eastern cuisine:

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

We are not tigers. Tigers can eat without spices. We need spices. Specially, chicken has a smell which won't go away without proper spices. I am a vegeterian , so it won't matter to me anyway.

Malang

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 5, 2022

We are not tigers. Tigers can eat without spices. We need spices. Specially, chicken has a smell which won't go away without proper spices. I am a vegeterian , so it won't matter to me anyway.
Yes Sir I agree with you. But I also agree with Sir @Lulldapull that Indians use too much spices and the Karahi doesn’t mean that the jar of spices poured in the kids lunchbox. It is cool to be a vegetarian these days so you don’t need to worry.

When I grow up and have made money like you, I will also become Vegetarian.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Yes Sir I agree with you. But I also agree with Sir @Lulldapull that Indians use too much spices and the Karahi doesn’t mean that the jar of spices poured in the kids lunchbox. It is cool to be a vegetarian these days so you don’t need to worry.

When I grow up and have made money like you, I will also become Vegetarian.
You might be interested here : Sufism and Vegetarianism Sufism and Vegetarianism: From Serving the Guest: A Sufi Cookbook & Art Gallery
Rumi and vegetarianism Rumi and vegetarianism.

Malang

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 5, 2022

You might be interested here : Sufism and Vegetarianism Sufism and Vegetarianism: From Serving the Guest: A Sufi Cookbook & Art Gallery
Rumi and vegetarianism Rumi and vegetarianism.
Yes Sir this is interesting link. I didn’t know about Kabira. So it was a good read

I practiced being a vegetarian for about six months. For the first three months, I was strictly vegetarian, and for the next three months, I allowed myself to cheat occasionally. However, a verse from the Quran kept troubling me, questioning how I could forbid myself from eating something that Allah has declared Halal. This was the primary reason for allowing myself to cheat once a week.

Then slowly slowly, slowly slow, more slowly I started eating chicken more frequently until it became normal again. I am not a heavy meat eater and usually avoid lamb and fish. So, I would say I am 80% vegetarian but do consume dishes made with chicken.

I will ask my family to make this cholistani karahi for me. I appreciate Karachi karahi a lot. (I know it’s lamb but I do eat when attending a dawat, function or a family gatherings etc

Malang

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 5, 2022

Don’t know hot to cook at all, and not really a fan of some food. But some Pakistani food is okay with me. Briyani, Karahai, Nihari, are good. I’m more of a Afghan and Turkish food person.

No Sir Afghani food is full of charbi (fat). I find it unhealthy and hard to digest.

Turkish cuisine primarily consists of rice, couscous, doner, lamb steaks, grilled chicken, and a wonderful salad. I love Turkish salad and the variety of rice dishes, including rice made with lentils. However, if you visit 100 restaurants, they all have the same menu, so there's a limit to how much you can eat.

This post was written with the help of ChatGPT as you know my English is weak and use Google translate.

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

Did you notice he only put green chilly in it, if we call it a spice. It’s actually a fruit….our people don’t eat any spices, the further up you go north. Nothing!

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Yes Sir this is interesting link. I didn’t know about Kabira. So it was a good read

I practiced being a vegetarian for about six months. For the first three months, I was strictly vegetarian, and for the next three months, I allowed myself to cheat occasionally. However, a verse from the Quran kept troubling me, questioning how I could forbid myself from eating something that Allah has declared Halal. This was the primary reason for allowing myself to cheat once a week.

Then slowly slowly, slowly slow, more slowly I started eating chicken more frequently until it became normal again. I am not a heavy meat eater and usually avoid lamb and fish. So, I would say I am 80% vegetarian but do consume dishes made with chicken.

I will ask my family to make this cholistani karahi for me. I appreciate Karachi karahi a lot. (I know it’s lamb but I do eat when attending a dawat, function or a family gatherings etc
I used to be like you, eating just chicken; the rest was fruits and vegetables. Lobia and chana, in addition to dal, are also there. Then I replaced Chicken with soya chunks and tufu. You can make anything out of soya granules and chunks.. I also have paneer, yogurt, sour cream, and ghee as a daily meal. The main oil I use is olive oil only. Mexican-style cooking is a good balance between good taste and moderate spices.
Vegetarian meals have made my mind calm and peaceful, and at this age, I can solve complex mathematical problems very efficiently.

Malang

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 5, 2022

@Lulldapull Sir
No Sir. Saday bande spice de beghayr gall nai karde tusi Spice de beghayr khana bana lo.

Take an example of cypher case of Imran Khan, too much spices were added about American conspiracy, Army conspired and what not. End main khodya pahar te so far nikla chooha.

I agree that people from North of Pakistan and Balochistan region eat less spices but Punjabis ke to moo hi seedhay nai hotay spices kha kha ke.

Last edited:

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

@Lulldapull Sir
No Sir. Saday bande spice de beghayr gall nai karde tusi Spice de beghayr khana bana lo.

Take an example of cypher case of Imran Khan, too much spices were added about American conspiracy, Army conspired and what not. End main khodya pahar te so far nikla chooha.

I agree that people from North of Pakistan and Balochistan region eat less spices but Punjabis ke to moo hi seedhay nai hotay spices kha kha ke.

Oh bhai food in Lahore, Pindi/ Isloo/ Peshawar far better than Karachi, any day bro. Yo can actually taste the food, not the spices..In Karachi the meat sold is not good bro......laakhon kukkarr murr jande ne from avian flu daily, but they still sell them, no problem. To mask everything they use a lot of spices.......lol......baghertay dhaanp detay hain any unsavory flavors/ smells with a lot of spices.......lol

Users who are viewing this thread