🇹🇷 US Soldier attacked in Turkey

Site is back up.

Be apart of something great, join today! We are still updating some fixes.

G   Turkish Defense Forum
As usual you're talking out of your ass. TGB (the group that did this) is a Kemalist group that has nothing to do with Erdogan.

This is a surprise to me. It was in my general belief that it's the Erdoganists who sympathize with other Muslims while Kemalists were more pro-European. Now that you claimed this, I think my beliefs are correct that Kemalists are subdivided into various factions and does not represent a single view of Kemalism.

Are pakistanis just a flock of sheep that can't do anything without the government approval that it's so strange to you that people act on their own will?

Sadly yes. Pakistanis protest only with a 'leader' in their presence. Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans, and some other South Asians should us that they do not need to be led to overthrow their regimes -- they all did it as a group, together and are a lesson for us. We're letting our true leader, Imran Khan, rot in jail. We are shameful in this case. Although many of us are indeed protesting and moving forward for his release in different forms.

This is a surprise to me. It was in my general belief that it's the Erdoganists who sympathize with other Muslims while Kemalists were more pro-European. Now that you claimed this, I think my beliefs are correct that Kemalists are subdivided into various factions and does not represent a single view of Kemalism.

Yes, I am quite surprised as well for these to be pro-Ataturk people. They are generally very fond of Europeans and the West.

Are pakistanis just a flock of sheep that can't do anything without the government approval that it's so strange to you that people act on their own will?

Political stunts, political violence, assassinations, ethnic/ sectarian riots, pogroms, firebrand religious thuggery or LGBTQ/ secular demos/ movements......behind these sort of phenomena generally sits a gubment intelligence entity.

It's always the same.

Anti-Americanism is quite widespread in Turkey and shouldn't be mistaken with an outright hatred of all of the western civilisation.

We have big issues with US, Germany and France but we have good relations with UK, Italy and Spain

Yes, I am quite surprised as well for these to be pro-Ataturk people. They are generally very fond of Europeans and the West.
You think Atatürk created Turkey by surrendering to the Europeans? lol

Anti Imperialism has been a core value of Kemalism since the beginning. This is consistent with Atatürk's values.

Just because I want to live in a secular democracy instead of an islamic fundamentalist shithole doesn't mean I need to be pro-american.

You think Atatürk created Turkey by surrendering to the Europeans? lol

Anti Imperialism has been a core value of Kemalism since the beginning. This is consistent with Atatürk's values.

Just because I want to live in a secular democracy instead of an islamic fundamentalist shithole doesn't mean I need to be pro-american.

Well - all countries where people are religious aren't really $hitholes.

Being devout and intolerant are two different things.

I have been to Malaysia where Chinese women hang out in miniskirts with their Malay Hijabi friends.

The key word is tolerance. Mutual tolerance.

There is a neat little mosque under the Petronas Towers in KL, where Adhan is called every waqt, and the bar next door stops serving drinks for that half hour to foreigners.

Jamaat-e-Islami Madrassah students in my country were recently guarding Hindu temples from vandals.

All religions must have equal respect and mutual tolerance for other cultures and religion.

The US West Coast is kind of getting tolerant in that way, with some reservations.

Apologies if I did not catch your drift.

Last edited:
There is a neat little mosque under the Petronas Towers in KL, where Adhan is called every waqt, and the bar next door stops serving drinks for that half hour to foreigners.
Same in Turkey, This is the very definition of secularism. You responded to a point that I didn't make.

Well, Except the bars don't close just because it's prayer time.

We don't close your mosque when it's drinking time and you don't close our bar just because it's YOUR prayer time. Everyone has to respect one another.

Same in Turkey, This is the very definition of secularism. You responded to a point that I didn't make.

Well, Except the bars don't close just because it's prayer time.

We don't close your mosque when it's drinking time and you don't close our bar just because it's YOUR prayer time. Everyone has to respect one another.

That is in the Western part of Turkiye. And more elitist parts of the cities. Many parts of the cities are conservative as well as Eastern parts of the country. It's a mixed society.

That is in the Western part of Turkiye. And more elitist parts of the cities. Many parts of the cities are conservative as well as Eastern parts of the country. It's a mixed society.
Nope, bars don't close anywhere for prayer. There's no such law.

Although there are no bars in small villages, usually more alcohol is consumed in rural parts, with not much to do in the villages, people drink a lot.

They pretend to be hardcore islamists though. :D

Nope, bars don't close anywhere for prayer. There's no such law.

Although there are no bars in small villages, usually more alcohol is consumed in rural parts, with not much to do in the villages, people drink a lot.

They pretend to be hardcore islamists though. :D

They might not close for prayer but bars are seldomly found in conservative parts of the country. Turks also drink their own beverage which I believe is called rakub or something like that.

They might not close for prayer but bars are seldomly found in conservative parts of the country. Turks also drink their own beverage which I believe is called rakub or something like that.
I've been on the internet ever since I was a little kid and even still I am shocked at how little foreigners know about Turkey.

"Conservative parts of the country" is a very vague term, it could be a huge province like Konya that's bigger than many countries, or it could be a tiny village in Kars or Şanlıurfa.

Obviously small places don't have bars but it doesn't mean people don't consume alcohol. Most commonly we drink in our homes anyway. I've only been to bars like 10-20 times in my life.

Sometimes some imam types go to bars to tell people to stop drinking, mostly they just get told to fvck off

And yes, Rakı is our national drink and there's a very sophisticated table culture around it. Unlike the fake rakı that Greeks drink.
Where's @Foinikas when I want to mess with him? Damn

I've been on the internet ever since I was a little kid and even still I am shocked at how little foreigners know about Turkey.

"Conservative parts of the country" is a very vague term, it could be a huge province like Konya that's bigger than many countries, or it could be a tiny village in Kars or Şanlıurfa.

Obviously small places don't have bars but it doesn't mean people don't consume alcohol. Most commonly we drink in our homes anyway. I've only been to bars like 10-20 times in my life.

Sometimes some imam types go to bars to tell people to stop drinking, mostly they just get told to fvck off

And yes, Rakı is our national drink and there's a very sophisticated table culture around it. Unlike the fake rakı that Greeks drink.
Where's @Foinikas when I want to mess with him? Damn

Both my parents have been to Turkey. My mother lived in Ankara for five years and the lower income & rural class.

My father drove from Germany to Pakistan and passed through Turkiye. He wrote sometimes he felt he was in a right-wing religious country. But all from what i've seen & read it's a mixed society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back